Asian Style Salad
For the Dressing (modified from A Family Feast blog):
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Salad (modified from myfitnesspal blog):
- 4 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 large carrots, peeled and grated or sliced into matchsticks
- 1-2 medium red bell pepper, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing (or put everything in a small blender and blend) and set aside until ready to use. (The sesame seeds will float to the top of the dressing so shake before each use.)
- Add the cabbage, broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots to a large serving bowl.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss until everything is coated.
- Add the sesame seeds and peanuts and toss again.